The School curriculum comprises all learning and other experiences that we plan for our pupils. The central aims of our curriculum are to work in collaboration with families and the local community to provide opportunities for all pupils to learn and to achieve; to promote pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development and prepare all pupils for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life. The curriculum of the school is organised so that children are stimulated, encouraged and challenged to develop their individual potential and personality to the full. Through a well planned and organised curriculum, effectively taught by qualified and enthusiastic teachers, pupils are helped to:
- Gain a joy and commitment to learning that will last a lifetime.
- Develop the essential literacy and numeracy skills they need to learn.
- Develop the attitudes, understanding and skills to become successful, independent learners.
- Foster their creativity.
- Develop lively, enquiring minds.
- Develop personal values, qualities and attitudes and be respectful of other people and their views and opinions.
- Develop appreciation and concern for the environment.
- Work co-operatively with others.
- Work toward achieving their potential.
More details regarding the content of the curriculum at Race Leys Junior School are available via the school office or by contacting your child’s class teacher.
Download Long term plans: